Featured Post

One Stop for #Authors #Books and #Marketing

In April 2014, I mentioned the creative aspects behind the cover art for our novella, Genesis: Call Sign: Wrecking Crew Slice of Life .   ...

Video courtesy of @jcallenbooks

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Project Revealed

I've been saying for months that we've been working on a special project. Today, I am able to reveal it. First, I have to thank my friend, Mark Wilcox, for inspiring it. Originally, it was to be a Short Story to entice readers. However, as with everything that David and I start, it grew bigger and became a novella.

Yesterday, I mentioned that we had a contract for a graphic artist to do book one, Call Sign: Wrecking Crew (Storm Warning). Since Grindhouse Media took on that challenge, the decision was made to have the graphic artist do this project. Ms. Ellie Bockert Augsburger, owner of Creative Digital Studios, did a most excellent job. I feel compelled to mention that she had great ideas for Storm Warning. When asked to switch, she did so with ease, for this and many other reasons, I highly recommend her. In addition to cover art, she does graphic designs for businesses. She did a silhouette of an eagle similar to the one on Call Sign: Wrecking Crew (Wings of Eagles) for our business logo. 
  
One of our early thoughts for the book cover was to incorporate all the Special Forces' emblems. Ellie asked if Wrecking Crew had one, I asked David and he said why yes they do and it just so happens to match the one for our logo. Knowing this, you'll understand the centerpiece of the cover art.

The title of the novella is:

Genesis - Call Sign: Wrecking Crew Slice of Life

The reader comes into the Operations Center and is treated to the evening's festivities. As with any family gathering, someone says something that irritates another. Eventually the group goes down memory lane and the reader learns more about how the Wrecking Crew was formed as well as glimpses into their personal lives. 

Have I piqued your interest?  If so, you can find the eBook exclusively on Amazon Kindle. Print book is due out hopefully later this week. 

Genesis CSWCSOL
Available exclusively on Amazon 



I also want to mention that I was inspired by Chris Almeida and Cecilia Aubrey's Bytes of Life series. It is my dream that we come up with more Slice of Life stories to share with our readers. 

By the way, remember I mentioned an upcoming book signing? I'll fill you in more on that as I firm up the details. I can tell you this much, all three books will be available to be personally autographed and purchased. 

Have a great one,

Lynn Hallbrooks
Author/Owner
David McKoy
Author/Owner
Call Sign Wrecking Crew, LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment