Featured Post

One Stop for #Authors #Books and #Marketing

In April 2014, I mentioned the creative aspects behind the cover art for our novella, Genesis: Call Sign: Wrecking Crew Slice of Life .   ...

Video courtesy of @jcallenbooks

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Mr. Murphy


Anyone who has read Call Sign: Wrecking Crew (Storm Warning) should be familiar with Mr. Murphy.  If not, then here is the glossary definition that I wrote out... with an additional link out: Mr. Murphy = personification of Murphy’s Law
Greyhound bus logo
You may well ask what Mr. Murphy has to do with a writing blog...everything!  Mr. Murphy seemed to be my constant companion when I was in Houston this past week.  The trip down was relatively uneventful and I was quite happy with  that Greyhound bus ride. The real adventure came when I arrived at the InTown Suites.  Let me qualify here and now, that I can only speak to the one in which I resided.  The major issues were lack of Internet connectivity and slow running toilets. The minor inconvenience of no elevator and hauling luggage up and down two flights of stairs paled in comparison. As for the toilet after two attempts on their part it was corrected. As for the Internet, I was highly disappointed with them.  Initially it was a lack of a cord for the resident to use. Maybe I've been spoiled by places like Holiday Inn, but I presumed that a cord would be provided. My bad... not one of my best laid plans but on the other hand I only had so much space to pack stuff into.  Thus I borrow a cord from David's wife... Internet did come up for a very brief time period of time. I'm not sure what the deal was, but I finally gave up on worrying about it.  I had more important things to deal with, namely book two.
Despite it being a literal and figurative pain in the neck, we did work on book two, tentatively entitled, Call Sign: Wrecking Crew (Mount Up). David reviewed many of the notes that I had for him.  Between his chaotic work and family schedules, we only scratched the surface.  The good news is that we brain-stormed alot and came up with some interesting plot twists and turns. I did get to see David while he was in hand-writing mode. It was rather interesting, he can have all this noise around him but almost totally tune everything else out. I admire that.
The book is not anywhere near where I'd hoped it would be at this point but at least it is moving in the right direction.  Mr. Murphy did not totally leave me alone on the way home. Instead of a one hour layover in Dallas, it was more like three and I was exhausted. I've been busy around the house catching up on my neglected chores. I hope to be back in full swing tomorrow.
I think yesterday's book review, unleashed a inner blog monster. :) David has decided to do a weekly blog on Wednesdays, The Night Watchman, David McKoy. From what he read to me earlier, I think it might be a bit scary...very appropriate for Halloween.  Don't take my word for it, please come back and check it out for yourself.

Have a great one!

Lynn Hallbrooks
co-author to David McKoy
co-owners of Call Sign Wrecking Crew, LLC

2 comments:

  1. I think you should make a habit of writing these blogs - altho I am sorry Mr. Murphy was the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I write blogs as often as inspiration and valuable information comes to me. Of course, time factors into the process as well. :)

      Delete