Featured Post

One Stop for #Authors #Books and #Marketing

In April 2014, I mentioned the creative aspects behind the cover art for our novella, Genesis: Call Sign: Wrecking Crew Slice of Life .   ...

Video courtesy of @jcallenbooks

Friday, December 11, 2015

#BookReview of Her Honor by Preston Pairo

A few months back, I was introduced to the Amazon Kindle Scout program.  As a result, I discovered it is a great way to support fellow authors and if the book wins the nomination, you get it for free. If you are an author, it is another way to
get discovered by readers as well as have the chance at being published by Kindle Press. It was through this program that I was introduced to Preston Pairo’s book, Her Honor. I consider this novel to be a mixture of Political Intrigue, Mystery/Thriller, and Romance genres.
Amazon Kindle version of Her Honor by Preston Pairo
Her Honor 


Nicole, mother to three; law clerk by day and law student by night, is loyal to a fault. Nicole came to be friends with Theresa Banks, who at one time was a divorce attorney. The reader follows Nicole as she works her fanny off on Judge Bank’s election campaign. Unbeknownst to Nicole, an organization is working behind the scenes to get Theresa elected. This is where the seedier side of politics rears its ugly head. Nicole is thrust into an emotional quagmire upon Theresa’s untimely demise. However, there is no time for that because Nicole is now in danger and must fight back despite unbelievable odds. Will she survive to spend Christmas with her children?

I love how Mr. Pairo takes the reader through the complex world of law and politics. We see it through the eyes of various complicated characters. Not only that but we get to crisscross Maryland as Nicole battles her foes.

Here is a quote from the novel that stood out to me:

“I should be a hero. There’s no basis in the United States Constitution for federal income tax.”

While I may not agree with the character’s actions, I do agree with the reasoning. Between my research for Call Sign: Wrecking Crew (Storm Warning) and listening to Constitutional Educator, Kris Anne Hall, I know this is a valid statement. However, until someone, not unlike Nicole, steps up and challenges the many unconstitutional laws on the books, things will remain as they currently are.

Coming down off my soapbox and back to the blog, I hope you will not only take time to read Her Honor but also visit Amazon Kindle Scout and discover other previously unknown authors.

To learn more about Preston Pairo and his various books visit his website:

Have a great one!

Lynn Hallbrooks

No comments:

Post a Comment