Featured Post

One Stop for #Authors #Books and #Marketing

In April 2014, I mentioned the creative aspects behind the cover art for our novella, Genesis: Call Sign: Wrecking Crew Slice of Life .   ...

Video courtesy of @jcallenbooks

Thursday, October 24, 2013

My First Book Signing

Welcome to IVD 2013
My first book signing was an awesome experience because of the people that were with me at the Indie-Vengeance Day event and the people I met. 





Hearty Breakfast with Justin

The day started with a group of us gathering at IHOP. I met people face to face whom I had been chatting online with via Facebook and/or twitter for the past couple years. Yes folks, there are real people behind those avatars and they do eat. By the time everyone arrived we were stretched from the far wall to the door to the back room. After our hearty breakfast and paying our bills we got in our vehicles and headed to Half-Priced Books up the road and over a piece. 


Lynn and Tracy comparing notes
Amber: Sign this please.
That store is about a city block wide and half again deep. I kid you not. I had 4 boxes of books plus other things I thought I would need. I carried in one box and saw some of the other authors using shopping carts. Oh yeah, why didn't I think of that. I get in the room and my good friend Tracy James Jones already had our table staked out.  Up on stage like the Divas we'd like to be. Just kidding - honestly it is the first place she saw to put the books but it worked well.  I could look over the group and see their smiling faces. I also helped direct traffic when I wasn't busy signing something.


Lynn, Tracy, and Charity
We had lots of folks milling around. Some would come in just to see what the heck was going on. Others were looking for a particular genre, I had the honor of pointing them in the right direction. Some came to cheer us on - thanks family and friends. Some picked our brains like Jackie Smith, debut author. Somewhere in the middle I benefited from the collective knowledge of an established author who was like the Lone Ranger - he helped out but I didn't know who he was under that mask. Seriously, Tracy and Charity knew him and that was good enough for me. 


Lynn, Sreya, and Tracy
James, Lynn, and Tracy
After the crowd thinned out we had time to take some pictures with each other. While we're on that subject, I'd like to say a Texas sized thanks to my fellow authors for allowing me to share their pictures with you. Maybe some day my camera will decide to let go of the pictures it is holding captive. Unfortunately, with so many authors, only so many cameras, and so little time, I didn't get to talk to or get pictures with everyone. That's okay, I have my memories aided by their shared pictures. This was a day that will live forever in my heart along with my new author family.
My author family from around the globe and my heart
While I plan on doing more book signings, I doubt there will ever be one that tops this one. 

Thanks again Amber and Scott for allowing me to join in with y'all. Huge thanks to Half Priced Books for providing the portal to knowledge and fun.

Have a great one!

Lynn Hallbrooks





No comments:

Post a Comment