Featured Post

One Stop for #Authors #Books and #Marketing

In April 2014, I mentioned the creative aspects behind the cover art for our novella, Genesis: Call Sign: Wrecking Crew Slice of Life .   ...

Video courtesy of @jcallenbooks

Thursday, October 17, 2013

My Two Cents Worth

My plan for today was to check email then do some reviews. I know I'm backlogged on those and I apologize to those awaiting mine. Your further patience is requested while I get this overwhelming thought out of my head. 

Many of you know that the Call Sign: Wrecking Crew series is political and military. Those are David McKoy's areas of expertise and as a rule I don't talk much about politics. Mostly because I don't know enough about the subject.  I do know about the effects it has had on me and people that I interact with. 

In the email this morning was an article sent out by military.com that talks about veterans et al that won't be receiving their benefit checks come November 1, 2013. You say well I'm not a veteran or survivor how does that affect me? Simple, veterans et al are consumers and bill payers. For some the VA check is their only source of income. For me, it is the only source of income save for what is earned through book sales... which actually goes into the company. From my direct deposit account, I also get money direct debited for life insurance. Now I won't be able to pay them. If enough people can't pay their bills then those companies won't be able to pay their debts...including their employees. Those employees can't pay their bills then how in the world is anyone going to have money for luxuries like books. I know some feel that books are a necessity but not everyone does. If this cycle keeps going then we will have NO economy and NO government to bail us out or pay us benefits. Then what? 

So authors and publishers, if your sales have dropped or are non-existent this might be your answer.  

What can we do? Other than let our Representatives in Washington know how we feel and if they don't listen get rid of them...not much. 

That's my two cents worth. I'm getting off my soap box. By the way, I have contacted my Representative and given him my two cents worth. 

Have a great one!

Lynn Hallbrooks
co-owner of Call Sign Wrecking Crew, LLC

Update: After I finished and posted this, I noticed that the gridlock is temporarily resolved. However, the basic premise I outlined above is still true and possible. Thanks for taking the time to read this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment