Featured Post

One Stop for #Authors #Books and #Marketing

In April 2014, I mentioned the creative aspects behind the cover art for our novella, Genesis: Call Sign: Wrecking Crew Slice of Life .   ...

Video courtesy of @jcallenbooks

Friday, May 25, 2012

Beautiful Blogger Award

In gratitude to those that came before!
I was a bonus Beautiful Blogger awardee on  Tracy James Jones' blog.  This is what Tracy said about me:  "...Indie Author Lynn Hallbrooks is one of those people who will go the extra miles to help anyone with anything and totally deserves to be mentioned for all of her wonderful deeds.  :o)"


Tracy is a fellow author that is only a few steps behind me on this publishing/writing journey. Tracy is a beautiful to me because she challenges me all the time with her quest to learn more about our common field.  I don't always know the answers but eventually we figure things out. 


Apparently these are the things that I have share as an awardee: 


• I must write seven facts about myself (see below)
• Link to the blog of the person who nominated you (see above)
• Link to seven bloggers who you think deserves the award (see below)
• Let those bloggers know they have been nominated! (that'll take some time)


Facts
1) I love chocolate
2) I love to music
3) I love art
4) I have two grown children
5) I have two Godchildren
6) I was in the U.S. Air Force
7) I'm basically an introvert in a business where I need to be an extrovert




Blogs and Bloggers
1) Blood Turbine by Mark Wilcox - Mark is beautiful to me because he was very helpful when I was first learning about Social Media. I have referenced his blogs on many occasions and I feel certain that I will on many more.  


2) Siggy's Omnibus by Siggy Buckley - Siggy is beautiful to me because she came into my life from out of the blue and has been a tried and true friend ever since.  Siggy's Omnibus is a collection of all the blogs that Siggy has created most since I've known her. 


3) Tim Greaton Forum by Tim Greaton - Tim is beautiful to me because he challenges me as a writer.  Tim and I have exchanged author interviews where we have learned so much about one another.  On Tim's forum I learn new things about fellow authors. 


4) Glenn Starkey - Glenn is beautiful to me because he is a fellow veteran and he encourages the love of reading.  At the moment, I can't recall a blog post of his that hasn't stirred up some kind of emotion.  A great example is his Memorial Day post


5) Wringing Out Words by Shannon Mayer - Shannon is beautiful to me because she gave me opportunities to help fellow authors shine. Many times Shannon has asked me to help out with a project and I've done my best. After all, authors should help authors whenever possible.


6) Musings of Mistress of the Dark Path by Susan A. - Susan is beautiful to me because she challenges fellow authors to be better.  On her blog, she has writing contests and shares ways to learn more about our mutual craft. In other posts, she allows authors to share the locations of their bodies of work. 


7) Shagging the Muse by Jonathan D. Allen - Jonathan is beautiful to me because he shares pieces of himself in his blog.  He tells things like he sees them.  I admire that because he does it in a way that isn't about hurting others but showing that this business is not always easy. 


I have read so many blogs since I started over a year ago, that I'm sure I could name so many more.  I hope you have enjoyed the beautiful bloggers that I've shared. If you haven't met this wonderful people before then please give their blogs a little look-see.


Thanks Tracy for tagging me as a Beautiful Blogger. "Bestsellers" to my fellow authors and hope everyone has a great one.  


By the way, I've scheduled out a post for Memorial Day that I hope everyone will enjoy.


Lynn Hallbrooks
co-author of Call Sign: Wrecking Crew (Storm Warning)












6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being given the Beautiful Blogger award, Lynn. You deserve it! Thanks for awarding it to me as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much.

    You're most welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award and thank you for mentioning me with such a nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always nice to be included in your circle of friends, Lynn. So, here's a huge THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Mark. You're most welcome. It's all my humble opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're most welcome Tim. I'm so glad to have you as my friend too.

    ReplyDelete